It is generally accepted by educators that the manner in which children are dressed influences both their behavior and their performance. There is a long tradition of uniform dress in Catholic elementary schools, with positive results. The dress code at Nativity is intended to maximize those advantages. All students are to be neat and clean when coming to school.
You can order school uniforms through SchoolBelles.
Basic Uniform Information
|Shirt with collar
|cotton/poly, Oxford cloth, 3 button knit
|White, light Blue
|T-shirts worn under the school shirt
|Sweatshirts sold by Boosters or PTA and are not team-specific (for having won a tournament, etc) can be worn any day
|Cardigan, V-neck, crew neck
|Solid navy, red, white, hunter green
|Students can wear other (Non-Nativity) crew neck sweatshirts or quarter-zips
|Cotton/poly tailored pants, no jeans or cargo pants
|April 1st – Nov 1st only
|Shorts / Skort
|Cotton/poly, tailored, no cargo or gym shorts. Hem closer to the knee than the waist
|Official Nativity SpiritWear can be worn on Phys. Ed. Days only
|Knee socks, crew socks, footies
|Solid navy, red, white, hunter green, black
|Solid knit, under skirt/jumper; leggings all the way to the ankle with no embellishment
|Solid navy, light grey
|Gym shoes or other school appropriate shoes. No sandals or flip-flop. No crocs or slippers.
Out of Uniform Days
The principal may designate a day as an “out of uniform day” which means that students do not have to wear their full uniform that day. An “Out of Uniform Day” comes in a variety of formats, e.g., walk-a-thon shirts. It is important that students listen carefully to the specific directions for each Out of Uniform Day. Apparel worn on out of uniform days shall be school-appropriate. Questions should be directed to the School Office.
Additional Uniform Regulations:
- PE Uniform: Students are expected to wear the gym uniform to physical education classes. The gym uniform consists of a gray Nativity Physical Education t-shirt and blue athletic shorts. The t-shirt can be ordered by sending an order form (available through the Family Portal) to the student’s homeroom teacher. Students may wear their gym clothes all day on the day(s) of the week they are scheduled for gym class. To order the PE uniform, please have your child give this order form to her/his homeroom teacher.
- Special Event T-Shirts (e.g., Walk-a-thon) may be worn only on days designated by the principal. T-shirts that have been autographed or written upon are not considered appropriate to wear to school. 8th graders will have multiple opportunities to wear their class t-shirts on designated days.
- Shirts: Shirttails must be tucked in.
- Make-Up: Make-up is not considered part of the uniform. Lipstick, eye shadow, etc., should not be worn to school.
- Team Specific Kings/Spirit Wear: During the school day, students may not wear sweatshirts or t-shirts that signifies membership on a specific team.
- Tournament/Season Championship Spirit Wear: Students must receive permission from the office before wearing any spirit wear that acknowledges victory in a season or tournament.
- High School Spirit Wear: High school spirit wear may not be worn during the school day, as it creates unwanted competition among students and the high schools.